Thursday, May 21, 2015

Post two
Could be moving more quickly. Kinda lazy on ppwk, frankly, how much fin is that?

Minor delays and I've been dragging my feet to make sure this doesn't come together too quickly and the house isn't ready or something problematic like that.

I800-A is ready to send off to USCIS (Immigration more or less) Feds give the approval to adopt. In a couple of months we will have it back and we can send the dossier to the Latvian Gov't. By then the goal is to do a quick update to the I800-A and move (or just move and update it after we send the dossier over)

Then the wait for the match comes. I did talk with Victoria from About a Child. The possibility that we would be matched quickly is VERY real. Being willing to accept older and a larger sibling group makes us in demand, as it were. So perhaps by the end of the year we will be traveling to Latvia.

Possible wait of MONTHS in-between the first trip and the 2nd for the court date is also very real. Which stinks. Nothing can be easy. Suppose nothing worthwhile ever is.

I stories in the news of kids neglected and abused. It kills me. Just about overwhelmed with a mixture of sadness and rage. I try and not read them anymore.  Our change in family and such seems to make me more sensitive to such things.

So with the paperwork about finished up it is about to get very real in a hurry. Scary as hell. 4 or 5 kids? What if we find a group of 4 kids? Our homestudy isn't approved for that many, so neither will the I800-A. Right group though? Hell yeah. Update the homestudy and I800-A (What's money when its this important?) and dive in, head first.

I really am a lucky man. My wife is wonderful (My wonderful wife Wendy, hur hur hur) Works tirelessly on making sure the home runs like a well oiled machine. Of course its a bumpy ride. Kid s throw fits, stuff breaks, gets dirty etc. That's just life. It always works out.

Kids are amazing. Bright, well-mannered, fun, inquisitive, increasingly independent. Just they way they should be.

Why would we want to upset this perfect little apple cart? Simple, it's because our family does function so well that we want to. There is certainly more love, time and money in our lives. It's all a matter of priorities. Make the time, make whatever we need to have happen, happen.


Sorry post two here is a rambling stream of consciousness. Sue me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment